Bullying & Harassment Awareness For Leaders
This half (1/2) day training course will raise awareness of bullying and harassment in the workplace and provide participants with an understanding of organisational policy and procedures, focusing specifically on Managers and Leaders. The course will also provide practical advice and empower participants to recognise and tackle this issue in the workplace.
Upon completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Interpret and apply relevant health and safety legislation.
- Define bullying, harassment and discrimination in the workplace.
- Recognise forms of bullying behavior.
- Understand the legal and organisational position.
- Work towards developing prevention strategies.
- Understand the extra responsibilities a Leader carries in role modelling behaviours.
- Promptly address incidents of inappropriate behaviour when reported.
- Understand what is expected of a Leader when they witness workplace bullying or harassment.
- Keep an open mind when investigating a workplace bullying or harassment claim.
- Provide support to all work colleagues involved in a bullying or harassment claim.
- Understand vicarious liability.
All our trainers are qualified and experienced WHS Consultants who have worked across many industry sectors. As such, they will call on examples of both the right way and wrong way to perform the required skills in a non-threatening or judgemental way.
Our trainers use relevant videos to present case studies to invoke participant interaction. Case studies bring both a problem-oriented and solution-oriented way of thinking to workplace training, and assists in relating theory into the workplace.
This course can be customised and tailored by experienced and qualified facilitators to suit your organisational needs. On-site delivery (maximum 20 participants). Price on application. Discounts apply to Safety Partnership Program members.
Participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance.