This Self Paced eLearning course is designed to teach participants how to correctly use a ladder in the workplace and at home. It will look at some common mistakes that people often make when setting up and climbing ladders, and it will also look at some tips on how to prepare your stepladders and extension ladders properly.
It will familiarise participants with the 4:1 ratio rule and several other common ladder rules to help them stay safe whilst working on or around ladders.
Topics covered include:
- Domestic and industrial ladders
- Appropriate ladder usage
- Ladder types and load ratings
- How to climb a ladder properly
- Safe Work Method Statements
- Setting up extension and step ladders
- General ladder safety tips
- How to correctly inspect a ladder
- Stepladders, extension & roof ladders
Duration: 25 minutes