This Self Paced eLearning awareness course is designed to provide operators with general knowledge of safe working procedures that should be in place when working with machinery and equipment where there is a risk of entanglement or contact with moving parts.
Machine guarding is a safety feature around fixed or mobile plant and other engineering equipment. It often consists of a shield, cover, casing or physical barrier covering hazardous areas of a machine to prevent accidental contact with the operator or to control hazards like chips or sparks exiting the machine while it’s working.
Topics covered include:
- Common causes of machine accidents
- Hazards and risks around operating machines
- Key parts of common machines and plan
- Types of guards and their purpose
- Line of fire
- Correct operation of machine guards
- Pre-operational checks
Duration: 20 minutes