Health & Safety Committee
This one (1) day training course will enable new and current Safety Committee Members to identify and implement the legislative functions of the Committee, and will provide them with the skills and understanding to contribute to improved health and safety performance in their workplace through effective Committee participation.
Upon completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Interpret the Committee’s legal obligations, roles and responsibilities.
- Understand and practicably apply the functions of a Health and Safety Committee.
- Establish an effective Health and Safety Committee.
- Understand and develop terms of reference for the Committee.
- Apply the principles of effective safety performance and Risk Management.
- Improve practical consultation and communication skills.
- Contribute to improving the safety culture in the workplace.
All our trainers are qualified and experienced WHS Consultants who have worked across many industry sectors. As such, they will call on examples of both the right way and wrong way to perform the required skills in a non-threatening or judgemental way.
Our trainers use relevant videos to present case studies to invoke participant interaction. Case studies bring both a problem-oriented and solution-oriented way of thinking to workplace training, and assists in relating theory into the workplace.
This course can be customised and tailored by experienced and qualified facilitators to suit your organisational needs. On-site delivery (maximum 20 participants). Price on application. Discounts apply to Safety Partnership Program members.
Participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance.