Workplace Health & Safety Awareness
This one (1) day training course will provide a general induction to the Work Health and Safety legislation, processes and best practices for all PCBUs, Workers and Managers. It is specifically designed to provide participants with an understanding of their roles and responsibilities pertaining to the Work Health and Safety legislation.
Upon completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Understand the safe work approach to safety issues in the workplace.
- Comprehend the general principles of the Work Health and Safety legislation, with a focus on their duties and obligations.
- Identify hazards in their workplace and undertake the process of elimination or minimisation.
- Understand the consultation and communication processes, including Health & Safety Representatives and Health & Safety Committees.
- Commence applying the Risk Management process:
- Identify hazards and control risks
- Assess risks
- Implement the Hierarchy of Controls
- Develop WHS plans.
All our trainers are qualified and experienced WHS Consultants who have worked across many industry sectors. As such, they will call on examples of both the right way and wrong way to perform the required skills in a non-threatening or judgemental way.
Our trainers use relevant videos to present case studies to invoke participant interaction. Case studies bring both a problem-oriented and solution-oriented way of thinking to workplace training, and assists in relating theory into the workplace.
This course can be customised and tailored by experienced and qualified facilitators to suit your organisational needs. On-site delivery (maximum 20 participants). Price on application. Discounts apply to Safety Partnership Program members.
Participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance.